Perhaps you’ve been mulling over the idea of looking for a new place to live. If you’re the adventurous type and are thinking of relocating yourself and possibly your family to a new state then you may be interested in knowing where the top places are that fellow Americans are moving in the country. From ideally priced housing to bustling downtown club scenes and thriving business districts, we’ll provide you with the lowdown on America’s top cities to move to.
10. Sarasota, Florida – This beautiful location is quickly becoming an increasingly popular destination to move to with a variety of in-town activities including boating and fishing as well as first-class restaurants and nightclubs.
9. Charlotte, North Carolina – Host to some of the largest financial operations in the U.S., including Wells Fargo and Bank of America, Charlotte is second in this regard only to New York City.
8. Seattle, Washington – With breathtaking mountain views and an eclectic collection of famous sites including the Space Needle, this city gives its residents a nice variety of things to keep them busy throughout the year. With mild temperatures year round, this is a great place to live if you’re averse to harsh winters or sweltering summers.
7. Denver, Colorado – The “mile high” city offers a full range of seasonal activities, from the highest quality skiing throughout the winter to scenic trails and paths for hiking and jogging.
6. Houston, Texas – This city is the capital of the “lone star” state and has a reputation for its Southern hospitality. It affords its residents very competitive home prices and has a very active downtown scene with a limitless number of shops and boutiques.
5. Chicago, Illinois – Chicago, despite its mixed reputation is without a doubt a great city to call home. Chicago has some of the most diverse demographics and neighborhoods in all of the U.S. and is a true melting pot fitting of the quintessential American town.
4. Orlando, Florida – Besides being recognized as the hub for Disney World, Orlando is a golfer’s dream and a great place for anyone that enjoys being near the water (boating and fishing activities available year-round) and is in the market for some of the lowest housing prices in the country.
3. Phoenix, Arizona – Step out into the sun and catch some rays, for Phoenix is a warm climate state with hot weather all year round. If you’re the outdoorsy type and you can handle 100 degree summer days, Phoenix may be for you.
2. Dallas–Fort Worth, Texas – Another Texas town makes it further up the list, the Dallas-Fort Worth area is well known for its southern culture, which includes rodeos and NASCAR, as well as a happening nightlife that will cater to virtually any and all demographics.
1. Atlanta, Georgia – Topping the list is Atlanta, one of the largest cities in the U.S., without the colder temperatures of a New York City or Chicago. Atlanta is also home to the largest aquarium in the world!
There you have it. There are some of the top places Americans are moving to make better lives for themselves and improve their standards of living. We hope you found this list helpful as you decide which city is right for you.