According to the U.S. Travel Association, eight out of ten Americans drive when they take leisure trips. Whether your travels take you and your kids to Grandma’s house or to the beach with adult friends, turn up the radio. Sing along to the best road trip songs ever and have fun as you travel.
Entertaining Songs for Young Children
Your wiggle bugs will become restless as they remain buckled in their back seat safety seats. Decrease boredom and keep them occupied with a fun playlist. Try these action-packed songs as you travel with your young children.
Alphabet Song – From A to Z, help your little ones practice their alphabet.
Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes – Your wiggly kids will enjoy exercising a bit as they practice identifying different body parts.
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt – Leave off the last word of the verse until this catchy song is over. Be prepared for giggles.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star – A favorite lullaby, use this song to lull your children to sleep if you travel during nap time.
Wheels on the Bus – Practice the movements and look for buses on the road as you sing this fun song.
Classic and Modern Songs for Teens and Adults
When Horatio Nelson Jackson and Sewall Crocker took the first ever road trip across the U.S. in 1903, they didn’t have access to the millions of songs we now have at our disposal. Some of those songs stand out as energetic and motivational road trip tunes. Create a playlist before the trip and be prepared to sing as you put miles under your tires. I bet you can’t read the titles without singing along.
- Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen
- Come On and Take a Free Ride by Edgar Winter Group
- Drive My Car by The Beatles
- Driver’s Seat by Sniff’ n the Tears
- Driving My Life Away by Eddie Rabbitt
- East Bound and Down by Jerry Reed
- Every Day is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crow
- Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 by Nat King Cole
- Going Mobile by The Who
- Heading out to the Highway by Judas Priest
- Hit the Road, Jack by Ray Charles
- I Get Around by The Beach Boys
- I’ve Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash
- Life in the Fast Lane by The Eagles
- Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts
- Low Rider by War
- No Particular Place to Go by Chuck Berry
- On the Road Again by Willie Nelson
- Ramblin’ Man by The Allman Brothers
- Road Trippin’ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Roam by B52s
- Ride Like the Wind by Christopher Cross
- Rockin’ Down the Highway by the Doobie Brothers
- Runnin’ Down a Dream by Tom Petty
- Running on Empty by Jackson Browne
- Slow Ride by Foghat
- Stickshifts and Safetybelts by Cake
- Take It Easy by The Eagles
- Truckin’ by The Grateful Dead
- Ventura Highway by America
In my opinion, it doesn’t matter if you drive the family minivan or pack your convertible with friends, turn up the radio. Sing along to the best road trip songs ever and have fun wherever the road takes you.
|Movers Near You||Moving Labor In Your Area|